Department:OH1HS_74001_000 Legacy AHS
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Primary Location: Mount Carmel West.
Our Employee Health Nurse Registered Nurse will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. The Registered Nurse functioning in
the spirit of teamwork, is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
- Nursing Process: Assesses and evaluates patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence based practice. Collaborates with patient and family to develop and implement a plan of care that includes physical, spiritual and educational components.
- Communication: Accurately communicates pertinent information to providers, internal and external customers, office associates, patients and family members in a timely manner.
- Provides clinical telephone triage/communication as defined by protocol or provider instructions.
- Documentation: Documents accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
- Delegation: Assumes responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.
- Quality and Safety: Promotes a culture of quality and safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place
- Performs basic medical procedures under the supervision of a provider, including set up of procedures.
- Administers medications under the direction of the provider, according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked patient care area, observing asepsis techniques and all other federal mandates.
- Keeps all inventory records, logs and maintains required records for CLIA including specimen, maintenance, daily, weekly and monthly logs.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
- Licensure / Certification: State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Basic Life Support
(BLS) Healthcare Provider. Certified as an Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) by the
- Experience: One year experience in a medical office preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.