At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
We have an exciting opportunity available to join the Allegations and Disputes Team as an Employee Relations (ER) Senior Consultant.
- Handling complex employee relations issues or concerns (e.g., investigations related to alleged discrimination or harassment, performance management, selection process consulting, etc.) consistent with Company protocol and in a timely fashion.
- Counsel and assisting team members and all levels of management with team member or management issues.
- Recommending or taking appropriate actions to correct problems including assisting and/or advising management in the formal discipline or termination of team members.
- Exercising judgment and providing analysis involving extremely complex and diverse employee relations problems grounded in in-depth review of company policy and procedures, employment law legislation and other intangible variance factors.
- Engaging in strategy to design and help implement proactive programs and plans related to minimize employee relations risk.
- Partnering with Human Resources, senior management, Legal Counsel, Compliance, Employee Assistance Counseling (EAC), Corporate Employee Relations, Corporate Investigations and other Corporate Resources as appropriate on sensitive employee relations issues.
- May provide direction to other Employee Relations consultants and/or HR professionals as appropriate
Location: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; San Antonio, TX Preferred. Other locations across the Wells Fargo Domestic Footprint may be considered. Preferred to have team member in an office location.
Important Reminders When Applying:
- Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo.
- 2+ years of employee relations experience
- 4+ years of employee relations consulting experience, human resources consulting experience, or a combination of both
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Ability to provide leadership to a virtual or remote team
- Ability to research, trend, and analyze data
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources analytics and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources policies and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of human resources practices in the financial services industry
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Coaching experience
- Experience applying policies, employment laws and regulations
- Experience consulting on multiple employee relations issues that vary in scope and complexity
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Human Resources policies and procedures
- Experience identifying, analyzing and resolving complex employee relations problems
- Knowledge and understanding of state and federal employment laws
- Knowledge and understanding of state statute and federal regulation policy related to time away and leaves of absence
- Ability to manage a high volume of Employee Relations cases
- Knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo Human Resources Help Desk (HRHD) and PeopleSoft
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.