PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position addresses and supports Employee Relations for restaurant level complaints, issues and concerns. Conducting investigations and providing guidance for resolution.
- Responsible for investigating and resolving Employee Relations matters, interpreting the findings, preparing associated documentation, and partnering with leaders and the Human Resources Business Partner to discuss possible action steps to resolve the issue.
- Follow-up with operations on complaints to ensure proper resolution. Give input to operations on proper investigation procedures, coaching opportunities and documentation guidelines
- Assist Operations in the implementation and support of HR-related roll-outs projects and systems. (I.E. ATS, Electronic I-9's and Electronic Employee files)
- Assists in gathering of facts/information to agency claims/charges as directed by Support Center VP HR, Legal or outside counsel.
- Utilizes case management system to document notes from cases in a detailed, timely and systematic manner.
- Support training of any HR Rollout of new systems, processes, legislative changes, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- 2 years' experience handling employee complaints
- Experience conducting investigations
- Knowledge of CA employment Law
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Displays strong working knowledge of Operations policies, procedures, guidelines and philosophies
- Exhibits the ability to work with operations and human resources personnel towards common goal
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of local, state and federal labor and workplace laws
- Displays the ability to work in a fast paced, customer oriented culture
- Exhibits excellent collaboration, and decision-making skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Field based position and working in home office
- Travel based on business needs -- up to 20%