The Employer Installations Representative performs employer benefit plan design coding to assigned accounts, including, but not limited to: structure building and revisions, and researching and resolving structure issues.
Position in this function are responsible for the installation of assigned accounts, including, but not limited to: structure building and billing set up, structure revisions, researching and resolving structure issues, database loading, and preparation of plan materials such as administrative documents and customer education materials. Positions are responsible for overall employer contract loading using various databases and / or source documents. May research installation issues and develop customer specific resolutions. May include auditing contract loads for adherence to quality measures and reporting standards.
- Perform generation of plan documents, including but not limited to, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD), amendments, and Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
- Use supporting documents (work orders, installation documents) to ensure our system is coded correctly and plan documents that are generated are accurate
- Adhere to departmental guidelines and processes put in place for these tasks
- Become familiar with current policies and procedures and other reference material
- Provide feedback and explanation in a positive and professional manner
- Work in a team environment while demonstrating individual accountability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Candidate needs to have some claims experience and be able to read and automate benefit schedules
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of data entry or data processing experience in an HMO / Indemnity insurance environment
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to open, edit, and save documents
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook for email and calendar management
- Must be able to work a 5 day week, 8 hour shift, any time between office hours of operation
- 2+ years of claims processing experience
- Experience using Microsoft Access to run queries and pull data
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, and long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or _expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Claims, Claims Processing, Indemnity/HMO, Employer Installation, Research