Working in Operations at UnitedHealth Group is one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Employer Installation Representative performs employer benefit plan design coding to assigned accounts, including, but not limited to: structure building and revisions, and researching and resolving structure issues.
Position in this function are responsible for the installation of assigned accounts, including, but not limited to: structure building and billing set up, structure revisions, researching & resolving structure issues, database loading, and preparation of plan materials such as administrative documents and customer education materials. Positions are responsible for overall employer contract loading using various databases and / or source documents. May research installation issues & develop customer specific resolutions. May include auditing contract loads for adherence to quality measures and reporting standards.
- Perform generation of plan documents, including but not limited to, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD), amendments, and Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC)
- Use supporting documents (work orders, installation documents) to ensure our system is coded correctly and plan documents that are generated are accurate
- Adhere to departmental guidelines and processes put in place for these tasks
- Become familiar with current policies and procedures and other reference material
- Provide feedback and explanation in a positive and professional manner
- Work in a team environment while demonstrating individual accountability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience using the phone and computer as primary work instruments
- Experience with communication / collaboration within multiple areas
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (reporting)
- Knowledge / experience with billing, posting, or eligibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to produce high quality work while meeting productivity expectations
- Proven to be proactive, self - motivated, detailed oriented, and work with minimal supervision or support
- Demonstrate effective time management skills to effectively plan, organize, set priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple work assignments
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize caseload based on business needs as well as ability and willingness to accept and work in a new and changing environment
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, and long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Employer Installation Representative, San Antonio, Customer Service