Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
Starting Rate: $10-10.50/hr (dependent on experience)
We are seeking a Full-Time Employment Specialist to work within a community-based employment setting to assist in supervising and training our individuals on how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed for successful employment.
- Provide the necessary assistance for the individual to be placed in competitive employment and maintain employment.
- Assist individuals in reinforcing essential skills, or teaching new skills appropriate to developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with the individual at their job site to ensure it is broken down into manageable components.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training process.
- Identify and help solve problems before they become a crisis for the individual, employer, or coworkers.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Communicate employee’s progress to the employer, family, residential staff, and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of experience working in related field, OR
- High School Diploma/GED plus 3 years’ experience working in related field
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of employer expectations and local job market.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty).
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
What We Offer:
- Paid training: CPR, First Aid, OSHA, Medication Administration, within the first 90 days of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tremendous opportunity for advancement
- Training on the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Preventive training of Abuse and Neglect
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental and Supplemental Insurance options.
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: email@example.com