Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking a Full-Time Employment Specialist to work within a community-based employment setting to assist in supervising and training our individuals on how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed for successful employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years related work experience, preferably with individuals with disabilities.
- Knowledge of employer expectations and local job market.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Provide the necessary assistance for the individual to be placed in competitive employment and maintain employment.
- Assist individuals in reinforcing essential skills, or teaching new skills appropriate to developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with the individual at their job site to ensure it is broken down into manageable components.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training process.
- Identify and help solve problems before they become a crisis for the individual, employer, or coworkers.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Communicate employee’s progress to the employer, family, residential staff, and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable).
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click apply now or send resume to: Christina.Santos@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer