Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking a Full-Time Employment Specialist to work within a community-based employment setting to assist in supervising and training our individuals on how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed for successful employment.
This position is based out of Morristown, but will cover Bergen County.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years related work experience, preferably with individuals with disabilities.
- Knowledge of employer expectations and local job market.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Provide the necessary assistance for the individual to be placed in competitive employment and maintain employment.
- Assist individuals in reinforcing essential skills, or teaching new skills appropriate to developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with the individual at their job site to ensure it is broken down into manageable components.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training process.
- Identify and help solve problems before they become a crisis for the individual, employer, or coworkers.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Communicate employee’s progress to the employer, family, residential staff, and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable).
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: email@example.com
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer