Department:OH1MH_68030_001 Mchs Emergency Medical Svcs
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Emergency Medical Services Nurse Coordinator, Eduction Trauma will develop, coordinate, and promote efforts to strengthen relations between Mount Carmel Health System and community Emergency Medical Services (EMS). This is done in an atmosphere that is patient focused optimizing quality of care and patient outcomes. The EMS Outreach Coordinator, functioning in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable for collaborating with Emergency Department (ED) Directors and physicians, Service Line Administrators, and Nurse Managers as it relates to relationships with our EMS providers and their patients.
- Will oversee all operations of EMS education in order to be compliant with the Ohio Department of Public Safety requirements
Will schedule instructors for EMS outreach courses
Will communicate with personnel within MCHS EMS and EMS agencies to coordinate
Effectively utilize Microsoft excel, powerpoint and word to track educational metrics
and build EMS education lectures
Will work closely with the MCHS EMS Medical Director to ensure education is
approved as required
Ensures training center records are compliant with ODPS and MCHS EMS
Acts as educational resource for MCHS personnel and EMS
Provide education and track educational requirements for MCHS EMS personnel
Participates in regional education committees and meetings as requested
Designs and builds educations as needed
Attends educations at EMS stations as needed
Ensures compliance with Ohio Department of Public Safety EMS education
requirements and guidelines
Collaborate with MCHS EMS Medical Director for authorization of EMS education
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred. State of OH EMT required within 12 months of hire. State of OH Paramedic preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio. State of OH Paramedic with education and experience in pre-hospital and hospital setting may be considered in lieu of RN.
- CE/EMS Instructor required within 6 months of employment.
- EMS Instructor preferred.
- Minimum of three years paramedic experience. Previous experience in Emergency Department, critical care or mobile ICU. Minimum of one year Emergency Department experience preferred.
- BLS healthcare provider; ACLS provider/instructor required; ASLS provider/instructor required. Required instructor courses must be obtained within 12 months of employment.
- ITLS instructor preferred; required within 24 months.
- PHTLS instructor preferred; required within 24 months.
BLS instructor preferred
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.