OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) serves the communities within Orange and Los Angeles counties in beautiful Southern California. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare Medical Group is now part of the OptumCare division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Endocrinologist is responsible for improving the clinical outcomes for the diabetic patient population within Monarch HealthCare and their employed physician group, OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG). This includes planning, implementing and monitoring of interventions to achieve this goal and working closely with the Diabetes Program Medical Director and the OCMG clinical leadership team.
- Treats and examines patients and makes diagnoses for illnesses in the thyroid, pituitary, adrenal and hypothalamus glands
- Treats diseases and conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol imbalances, osteoporosis, infertility and cancers of the endocrine glands
- Provide patients with information on diet, hygiene, exercise and educate them on necessary lifestyle changes they may need to make, to positively influence their health conditions
- Supports the development of a culture of collaboration and excellence both in patient care and provider satisfaction
- Works to ensure there is adequate endocrinology access for patients and timely communication back to the PCP by the endocrinologist and diabetes team
- A current and unrestricted MD or DO license in California
- Board Certification or eligible in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 1 or more years of clinical practice experience in Endocrinology is preferred
- Managed Care experience
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Endocrinologist, MD, DO, Diabetes, managed care, population health management, Irvine, CA, Los Alamitos, Seal Beach, California