Create your own story.
Something inspiring is happening at Vi, a continuing care retirement community. There’s real energy and enthusiasm, genuine warmth and approachability. And a deep sense of respect and family that’s impossible to ignore—between our residents and our staff and, perhaps more importantly, between our team members. Part of a fulfilling career is not just doing work you love, but doing it alongside (and for) people you admire and grow to love. This is the Vi story. How will your story unfold?
Engineering Supervisor - Generous Sign-on Bonus
A desirable opportunity exists for a highly accomplished professional to supervise the Maintenance staff, orders and controls supplies, tracks inventory, analyzes data and prepares effectiveness reports. This selected candidate will manages the maintenance department in absence of the Director of Engineering or Assistant Director of Engineering, where applicable.Job Requirement
Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in Building Maintenance in any of the following trades: HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry or Electrical. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Experienced in working with contractors, bid documents, insurance requirements, contracts, invoicing and budgetary guidelines preferred. Associate Degree in related field or equivalent years of experience in the field preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license, where applicable. Universal Refrigerant certification preferred. AFE (Association of Facility Engineers) Plant Supervisor certification preferred.
Additional requirements include:
• Must be able to assess critical situations, respond and delegate solutions to those situations effectively.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all facets of construction and the building trade.
• Demonstrates ability to supervise, lead and manage employees.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of computerized preventative maintenance program and work order programs.
• Uses a client and customer- focused approach to problem solving and goal setting.
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career.