If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
This position requires technical background in AS400 systems and experience with billing and customer service skills. Requires a lot of data entry, working with numbers and worksheets, identifying and working through specific billing discrepancies, written correspondence, in addition to working in a workgroup call queue for customer service inquiries. Experience working with ERISA compliant benefit funds is a plus.
- Prepare, process, and maintain new member or group enrollments, beneficiary forms, and eligibility calculations
- Maintain hours and contributions in database from reports from employers and complete monthly reconciliation of data reported with accounts receivable on a monthly basis for eligibility calculations for reporting to insurance carriers for benefits
- Attention to detail and math skills are a must to ensure accuracy for data being used for eligibility and pension calculations
- Answer incoming calls from customers and listen actively to identify the type of assistance the customer needs while documenting required information in computer
- Work with various types of member correspondence and emails and respond to member or group inquiries and questions and verify enrollment and eligibility status
- Reconcile reports, eligibility, and payment discrepancies, analyze transactional data, and submit retroactive eligibility changes
- Perform basic clerical functions with proficient PC and Excel Skills
- Initiate and assist with developments/changes to increase or change quality and productivity
- Key data for weekly spousal premium reimbursement from payroll check stubs or documents from employer in order to track the amount of premiums by coverage, by payroll period, and by year to ensure correct amount being reimbursed.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office call center setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments for analyzing and solving customer problems and inquiries
- 2+ years of experience with Windows PC applications including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- 2+ years of experience working Excel (sorting and organizing a spreadsheet, VLOOKUP, creating pivot tables, and manipulating files with large data)
- 2+ years of experience working with Adobe Acrobat Pro (extracting pages, highlighting, search, and working with applications within adobe)
- 2+ years of experience working with Word (basic documentation creation)
- 2+ years of experience working with posting deposits / payments and reconciling with accounts receivable
- Previous healthcare insurance enrollment / eligibility experience
- Previous experience working with ERISA Compliant Benefit Funds
- AS400 experience
- Associate’s Degree (or higher) in Business or Accounting
- Detail Oriented, Quick Learner, Team Oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, Enrollment, Eligibility, Lexington, KY