Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high - performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
Preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database and update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data and submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Assist patient / family in completing applications for government sponsored programs / Financial Assistance.
- Assess patient’s eligibility for government sponsored programs / Financial Assistance.
- Contact patient / family and conduct interviews for the purpose of assessing eligibility.
- Verify patient’s information to complete applications.
- Check patient's account for previous balances and advise patient of all financial obligations.
- Inform patient of collection policy.
- Notify appropriate areas regarding eligibility status and determination.
- Coordinate with various agencies and individuals to resolve individual cases.
- Answer the telephone and maintain files.
- Accumulate data for performance reports.
- Inform Supervisor of activities, issues and problem cases.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- Perform related duties as required.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Medicaid experience
- 3+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- CAC certificate or the ability to obtain one through company provided training within 1 - 3 months from date of hire
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Available to work 37.5 hours per week with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over - time and / or weekends, as needed
- Must be comfortable working at the Cancer Patient site at New Hyde Park facility, and also traveling up to 25% of the time to the Imbert Cancer Center in Bayshore
- 1+ years of financial experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual any other language
- Customer service experience
- Northwell experience and / or knowledge
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: enrollment, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, insurance claims, insurance contracts, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, phone support, Medicaid; CAC Certificate