UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Enterprise Architect at UnitedHealth care you will partner with both the lines of business and software delivery leadership to establish 3 year roadmaps that act as guides for achieving the long term strategic plans of the enterprise. In this role you will take on some of the toughest challenges facing our business and will act as a key consultant and guide in achieving our long term strategy.
- Ensuring capital programs stay aligned to Enterprise strategy while leveraging existing components and capabilities across the business segment landscape
- Modeling the technical landscape to analyze the alignment of business capabilities with delivered technology and IT solutions
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and collaborating with Enterprise Architecture from other lines of business and development team architects to recommend solutions for improvement
- Communicating the value delivered by the Enterprise Architecture process by communicating outcomes and ongoing results
- Defining the principles that guide technology decisions for the segment
- Designing and leading the implementations of a Line of Business Technology Architecture (reference architecture) based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as being a champion to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state. Influencing the development, communication and implementation of the enterprise technology architecture
- Building end-to-end solution plans in the form of roadmaps that define the ideal and future state systems solution, scope of solution initiatives, solution delivery sequencing through architecture transition states, and assumptions and risks
- Assisting with the governance activities associated with ensuring Enterprise Technology Architecture compliance
- Consulting on solution architecture implementations and modification activities (projects), particularly for new and/or shared solutions
- Actively participate in technical fit review activities for capital programs
- Facilitating change and process improvement within the architecture community
- Collaborating with quality teams to drive continuous improvement for technology solutions
- Identifying and communicating the segment organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, org structures and culture) and financial impact of the Enterprise Technical Architecture
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience working on Open source, commercially available software and / or Healthcare platforms
- 5+ years of experience in a large enterprise in an architectural role
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Experience leading architecture using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps etc.
- 5+ Years of experience with, NoSQL, APIs, Big Data Technologies, NLP, MLP and Open Source Commercial grade highly scalable solutions
- Ability to establish repeatable processes, best practices and implement version control software in a team environment
- Experience with multiple enterprise deployment options following Public and Private cloud paradigm
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Experience overseeing and monitoring the work of others
- Ability to create a Startup mentality to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams
- Global team experience
- Excellent collaboration skills and techniques to create innovative market leading solutions
- Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills
- Experience working with vendors in system selection, cost negotiation, and the development of service level agreements
- Knowledge of all components of technical architecture
- Ability to understand how to navigate in a complex organization and understand the big picture
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
- BS / BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education / experience
- Health care industry experience
- BIG DATA
- KASKA or Open Source Technology
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.