At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Audit Services conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Wells Fargo Audit Services (WFAS) has an opening for an Audit Manager on the Capital & Model Risk Management (CMRM) audit team. The CMRM audit team centrally manages and executes a portfolio of capital (Basel & CCAR/DFAST) and model related audits across Wells Fargo.
The Capital audit team is seeking an Enterprise Basel Audit Manager that will be responsible for centrally leading WFAS audit coverage of Basel related regulatory reporting (FFIEC 101, FR Y-9C Schedule HC-R). This leader should have extensive business line risk management, Federal Reserve, and/or audit experience in Regulatory Reporting specific to the capital regulatory reports (FFIEC 101, FR Y-14). Experience in other Corporate and Accounting/Finance related businesses/activities (e.g. SEC, Basel, CCAR/DFAST and/or BCBS 239 Risk Reporting) is also helpful. A strong candidate for this role will be an experienced leader and have a deep background in capital adequacy and associated regulatory reporting.
This Audit Manager will lead a team of approximately 3 team members executing risk-based, high quality audit coverage. They will provide guidance and oversight to ensure coverage is well planned, executed, and reported in accordance with WFAS methodology. They will also be accountable for management of issues to ensure timely resolution. They will work across WFAS teams and with senior-level leaders within WFAS and our business lines building strong partnerships. This Audit Manager will also be expected to lead team members providing feedback, coaching, and development guidance.
AM responsibilities will include the following:
- Sound decision making abilities and professional skepticism
- Ability to influence risk management practices
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment, leading a team of approximately 10 team members
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment characterized by constructive problem-solving, effective communications and mutual respect
- Being flexible to add projects or shift priorities readily and efficiently
- Leading and enthusiastically sharing the benefits of change initiatives
- Ensuring team delivers quality work on projects requiring a high level of detail
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: audit, control testing, control and risk identification, or audit analysis
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, risk management, or project leadership professionals
- Audit experience at a large financial institution or auditing company.
- Knowledge/experience of large bank operations and processes used for FFIEC 101 and FR Y-14M/Q regulatory reporting
- Working knowledge/experience of end to end data management and integrity testing in large bank settings and the criticality to regulatory reporting
- Strong understanding of capital management, regulatory capital and reporting requirements (CCAR, DFAST, Basel) as well as associated regulatory compliance risks and programs is highly preferred.
- Proven leadership experience with multi-functional teams across multiple locations
- Proven leadership experience building highly talented individuals and teams
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Comprehensive knowledge of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the financial services industry and understanding of the regulatory landscape
- Good understanding of Institution of Internal Audit (IIA) standards, regulatory requirements, and industry guidelines
- Experienced in significant business change and ambiguity in a highly regulated environment
- Proven success leading large scale initiatives and change management processes
- Proven ability to establish positive relationships with key business partners, peers, and executives at all levels of the organization
- Holds or willing to obtain professional certifications and/or licenses within 12-18 months
- Proven experience supervising team members with technical background
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
PA-Philadelphia: 1 S Broad St - Philadelphia, PA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
IA-West Des Moines: 1776 Westlakes Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.