At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This is a highly visible and critical new role for the bank. Recent issues in the Sales Practice area have shown that the bank needs to improve its business, data management, and technical capabilities in understanding and managing Conduct Risk. Additionally, the enterprise is focused on simplifying and modernizing its technology and application portfolios. This role will focus on the early adoption of EIT’s new approaches toward application portfolio management and application development. This role is focused on being the technology partner and “program manager” to Conduct Risk, specific to Complaints technology solutions.
Conduct Risk is being managed through the new Office of Ethics, Oversight and Integrity. That office is responsible for ensuring that all Wells Fargo team members are working according to our vision and values, that team members and customers are protected, and that we value listening when team members believe the enterprise falls short of our goal of operating with integrity. This new organization brings together four key teams to accomplish the work: Global Ethics and Integrity; Sales Practices Oversight; Internal Investigations; and the Complaints Oversight Group.
Within the bank today, Complaints are managed in a fragmented manner. At least a dozen systems of record across all LOBs are used to collect and manage customer complaints, without any consistency or ability to integrate across platforms. Application development is silo’d to the LOB-facing technology teams. This role will be responsible for working across those systems of record to drive strategy in partnership with the Conduct Risk office.
This role will initially manage, in partnership with Enterprise Risk Management Technology the definition of both an enterprise program and a SOA approach toward the automation of Complaint and Allegation processing in a consistent manner across the Corporation. This automation solution will need to be coordinated and drive requirements for applications across multiple EIT ecosystems and LOB systems of record. Effective processing will need to incorporate the needs of LOB specific client servicing, enterprise risk management, and regulatory requirements. This leader needs to have significant influence, in both a matrixed manner and a governance context over the Complaint & Allegation systems of record, across all LOBs, Enterprise Risk, and Enterprise Data Analytics.
As the definition of the program evolves and a services based solution/integration approach is defined, this leader will manage the ongoing governance of the Complaints & Allegations Services Domain
Primary responsibilities for this new role are:
- Senior level leader responsible for assisting business and technology leaders of Conduct Risk with ongoing assessment of the technology environment as it relates to effective management of Complaints risk. This includes defining, planning, developing and implementing/consulting on Complaint strategies, processes, and on-going programs with broad cross technology impact.
- Establish a technology roadmap to support the operationalization of Complaints risk requirements across the enterprise.
- Provide thought-leadership and strategic direction to business and technology program managers on technology required to support and manage Complaints Risk and to build support for the strategies with senior leadership across the technology organizations and/or client lines of business.
- Actively partner with business line senior executives in long range strategic planning and ensure integration and partnership of Complaints risk technology with enterprise wide technology strategy and develop executable strategies and plans.
- Accountable for delivering technology solutions to complex business requirements for Complaints Risk through the influence of technology teams across the bank that are directly aligned to their LOB business partners. Primarily focused on IT-related program design/ strategy and oversight but may also be responsible for execution/ implementation and on-going operational management of processes, etc., as they are developed.
- Provide strategic technology consultation to Risk & LOB management regarding business requirements; recommend innovations aligned with the current and future trends/directions of both business and information technology.
- Assist technology teams across the bank to ensure they effectively manage and allocate technology professionals and financial resources to ensure that Conduct risk related projects are completed within committed time and budget and align with strategic objectives.
- Mitigate Complaints risk to the organization, by effectively leading and managing the integrity and efficiency of Complaints Solutions with significant interdependencies, interfacing with multiple channels and systems of record.
- Be an effective change agent. Identify new and innovative ways to apply technology in order to enable business vision relative to managing Complaints risk.
- Leverage knowledge of industry trends to build best in class technology to provide competitive advantage.
- 12+ years of technology experience
- 5+ years of strategic planning in a technology environment
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a technology environment
- Experience managing large or multiple technology development efforts within a major line of business
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Subject matter expertise in processes related to regulatory risk and possess a well-rounded knowledge of current compliance issues and challenges.
- Management experience, including managing in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience in establishing a large scale vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication and driving vision through to achievement of goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large or multiple technology development efforts within a major line of business and ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- Relationship building at senior levels and ability to drive decision making, through both direct command and through influence.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive and lead organizational change in a large enterprise environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Information Security policies and applicable compliance rules and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of case management and workflow technology.
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, Single Page Application development, and event processing development approaches.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.