At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Specifically, the Enterprise Finance Balance Sheet COE team is seeking a Financial Consultant to join the Loan Forecasting and Analytics team. The position will specifically support the forecasting, stress test, and resolution planning process. Also, the position will work very closely with Business Finance, Corporate ALCO, as well as the Capital and Liquidity team. Finally, this position is a unique opportunity to gain an understanding of many loan products across Wells Fargo.
The position requires in-depth research, interpretation and analysis of financial data on a regular basis. The candidate will be working with the business support finance teams to collect financial data, verify data accuracy, and identify and resolve complex financial or data problems. The successful candidate will monitor tools that predict financial outcomes. Some activities lead to project-oriented efforts.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support Corporate Regulatory requirements including RRP and CCAR
- Perform a wide range of complex analysis related to balance sheet including liquidity and interest rate risk analysis
- Assess model performance through validation, back-testing, assumption review, and recommendation of ongoing improvements
- Load data in financial reporting systems
- Monthly Yield and Volume analysis during the close process
- Help the business support finance teams with ad-hoc requests
- Create management reporting and analysis
The successful candidate will have following experience:
- Demonstrated analytical skills and self-driven desire to investigate and explain variances.
- Capable of interpreting and communicating complex financial data to all levels of management in a clear and concise format.
- Experience with Essbase as well as other Financial Systems
- Detailed oriented, flexible, skilled in problem solving and able to manage multiple projects in a time sensitive environment
- Strong collaboration skills
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
- 4+ years of financial accounting experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.