Location: Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Phoenix, AZ; other Wells Fargo hub locations may be consideredAbout Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations.
Our vision: “We want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.”
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology (EF&IT) brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo’s financial management, information technology, corporate development, corporate properties and corporate security, and corporate strategy. We do that by providing strategic counsel, subject matter expertise, innovative solutions, and effective tools to Wells Fargo businesses around the world.
The Enterprise Finance Group reports to the CFO and manages the Enterprise Forecasting, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) function; the design, production and delivery of management reporting data; internal investment prioritization and optimization capabilities; Finance support for all Functional or Staff Groups; and the Reporting and Analytics, Fee Income Forecasting, Balance Sheet Forecasting, Expense Forecasting, and Cost Allocation Centers of Excellence or COE’s. The Group works in partnership with the Line of Business Finance Group to provide finance support across the enterprise.
Enterprise FP&A is responsible for enterprise-level forecasting and financial performance analysis including support of external reporting, stress testing and resolution & recovery planning activities. FP&A also manages the enterprise-level project prioritization process through the Investment Optimization COE.
This leader will report to the Head of Enterprise FP&A and lead the FP&A Forecasting team of finance consultants. This is a critical role that is responsible for leading the company’s financial forecast process.
Outstanding leadership skills and the proven ability to foster a culture of strong consultation, sound controls, and continuous improvement will be determining factors in selection. This leader will also be recognized for accomplishments related to hiring, retaining and developing a diverse and effective team.
The future incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Overall direction and integrity of enterprise earnings forecasts and related executive reporting, including compliance with governance and oversight requirements as well as continuous improvement of the process.
- Build relationships and partner closely with Business and Enterprise Finance, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Controllers, and Corporate Credit teams in support of all deliverables.
- Provide executive management with meaningful insight into the underlying drivers impacting results.
- Provide horizontal support for common forecast activities across FP&A.
- Manage financial forecasting and support for select corporate entities.
- Administer the Corporate Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) process and related policy.
Leadership and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability. They will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. Additionally, the candidate should possess good professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of management experience
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Demonstrated success and mastery managing in a matrixed environment
- Proven success and experience working across a highly matrixed enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead change, develop cutting edge, innovative solutions, build effective partnerships, and manage cross-functional projects in a matrixed organization.
- Proven ability to attract, develop, and retain a highly engaged, high performing, and diverse team.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focus.
- Superior verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting concepts as well as the connections between the balance sheet, income statement, and underlying business drivers.
- Experience in developing financial projections and establishing financial goals.
- Strong organizational knowledge of systems, situations, pressures and culture within the company to identify potential organizational problems and opportunities as well as implement sustainable solutions.
- Generates credibility, respect and consensus through strategic vision and outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Has the ability to present and discuss information in a way that persuades, educates and enhances understanding at all levels.
- Collaborative management style, execution focus, and results orientation.
- Exceptional track record of delivering results.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.