At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Strategic Enterprise Risk Management within Corporate Risk is responsible for independently overseeing a broad collection of activities and risk types.
Wells Fargo is enhancing the risk measurement program for the Enterprise - a key initiative in improving the Bank’s proactive risk management capabilities and building better risk management. The Risk Measurement Financial Risk Type Consultant will assist in managing the risk measurement program by ensuring that risk measures for financial risk types and associated thresholds are developed for key indicator and risk appetite requirements. The role requires interaction with multiple senior leaders within the organization, having a strong knowledge on various financial risk types (credit, market, capital, liquidity, interest rate) and strong organizational skills.
Location: San Francisco, CA or Charlotte, NC
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, risk, or audit
- Knowledge and understanding of audit, regulatory compliance, or risk management
- Financial industry experience
- Ability to manage large-scale initiatives including stakeholders across business and technical teams
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- A Financial Risk Manager (FRM) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or comparable professional designation
- 3+ years oversight experience in Financial Risks (credit, market, counterparty, capital, liquidity, interest rate), preferably with quantitative focus
- Prior experience working directly with regulators (OCC, FED, FDIC) and Internal Audit
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo’s current risk organizational structure
- Prior experience in Risk Appetite or risk metric monitoring reporting/development for the Enterprise
- Prior experience working on initiatives such as Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Comprehensive Liquidity Assessment and Review (CLAR) or stress testing
- Knowledge of Financial Risk methodology and associated risk appetite metrics (VaR, CVA, LCR, etc.)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.