At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Basel Securitization Team in Market and Counterparty Risk Management provides oversight to ensure that the appropriate framework exists for calculating capital of structured finance / securitization exposures related to Basel III. This is a dynamic and evolving project given both the complexity of structured finance and the regulatory changes impacting the industry. The responsibilities of the Securitization Capital Adequacy Oversight Associate include the capital calculation, transaction analysis and independent challenge of securitization exposures under Basel III/CCAR.
The position will be responsible for various aspects, including the following:
- Conduct transaction analysis and independent challenge of securitization exposures under Basel III
- Provide independent risk management of the methodology and derivation of inputs to calculate securitization regulatory capital under the SFA and SSFA Lead project to develop independent risk management for securitization exposures in the Wholesale loan portfolio for CCAR
- Assist with any projects related to Basel III compliance related to the securitization work stream.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, risk, or audit
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Securitization experience strongly preferred; this may include experience in servicing, trust, risk oversight, research, origination, trading
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding Basel III / CCAR
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment with tight timelines that also require a high level of accuracy and quality within the work being performed
- Proactive personality with the ability to learn complex subject matter quickly.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.