At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Enterprise Risk Management Consultant 4 opportunity will play an important role in Wells Fargo’s risk management effort in meeting its responsibilities as part of a global, systemically important financial institution by contributing to Corporate Risk’s continuing build out of its oversight function for the Treasury and Corporate Finance areas. This ERMC 4 position will be a part of the Treasury & Corporate Finance Oversight (“TCFO”) team working with other ERMC’s in providing an assessment and oversight of Liquidity Risk Management for the consolidated WFC Enterprise, as well as material entities and international jurisdictions. This position will also lead liquidity oversight efforts in the assessment of new products and business initiatives.
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the TCFO team effort in the continuing improvement of the liquidity risk management oversight framework.
- Coordinate and lead liquidity oversight efforts to evaluate new products and business initiatives proposed by lines of business in order to assess impacts on the liquidity risk profile of the Company. Enhance the existing process and documentation as necessary to meet internal and regulatory standards.
- Help build out additional independent capabilities to develop alternate views of liquidity risk, identify emerging liquidity risks in a timely manner and more effectively challenge the strategies pursued by the FLOD.
- Facilitate the development of TCFO’s independent ability to conduct sensitivity analysis, reverse stress testing and forecasting to improve the Company’s vulnerability assessment process.
- Enhancing the independent development, monitoring and reporting of internal and external key risk indicators.
- Contributing to the liquidity risk assessment of new products and business growth initiatives.
- Prepare narratives for inclusion in business reporting describing the results of oversight activities, new and/or emerging risks, and recommendations made to senior management.
- Develop reporting and other documentation to support Corporate Risk’s assertions regarding oversight activities and their results. Establish and maintain good relationships across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, risk, or audit
- Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal organizational levels
- Process efficiency experience, including process assessment and recommendations for improvement
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
• 8 + years of risk management, finance, capital markets experience or equivalent
• 8+ years of treasury/funding/asset liability management or financial performance analysis experience in either a direct or support capacity
• MBA, CFA or equivalent professional certification
• Experience with Essbase, EPM or related models and management reporting tools
• Familiarity with the range and complexity of Wells Fargo’s businesses
• Sound knowledge of financial markets
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.