At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo:
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Enterprise Data Aggregation Capabilities Office mission is to provide strategic data solutions for master & reference data to meet heighted internal and external expectations to facilitate consistent data aggregation, reporting & analytics, fundamentally improving the company's ability to consistently aggregate information.
The Enterprise Product Data Leader will spearhead the development and implementation of formalized, structured and well-defined product master data through the development of data definitions, authoritative provisioning points, policies/standards, procedures, standardized processes, technology and ongoing oversight. This critical work stream will entail the definition of a single view of product to drive consistency and transparency to identify, link and report product and customer data more easily across the organization. This role is a critical priority of senior management. As a result, this role will interact with senior management, audit and regulators. This leader will report to the Head of Enterprise Data Aggregation Capabilities Office and build a team of at least four direct reports and a team of contractors.
This new leader will have significant partnership responsibilities with key DM&I programs including, but not limited to: eONE, Data Lake, Enterprise Data Governance, all Authorized Provisioning Points across the enterprise. It is the responsibility of this leader to work with executives across the bank to ensure the data we provide will support their needs and work with them on migrating to our new source over time. This will require a high degree of emotional intelligence to ensure successful partnerships are established and maintained during this change initiative.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Lead implementation of new, centralized Product Master Data Management Platform and drive adoption of Product Data for Risk & Regulatory Reporting, as a priority, and expand the scope to all business needs enterprise wide.
- Partner with technology to deliver successful implementation of MDM solution; build out operational
- Enables well-controlled and simplified future data usage of product data through clear establishment of ownership, governance and implementation of the product master record.
- Reduced infrastructure and business costs due to storing master & reference data in a single, authorized location with common data quality controls and testing.
- Defines authorized provisioning point, enabling associated compliance requirements for data provisioning and leveraging data sharing agreements to determine accountability & ownership.
- Ensure business requirements across all divisions of the organization are captured, evaluated, streamlined and delivered in a consistent and cohesive manner.
Preferred locations include Des Moines, Charlotte, San Francisco, Minneapolis, and New York. Will consider other major WF HUB locations within footprint.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, risk, or audit
- 5+ years of management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to identify, plan, and document system solutions that are cost effective and meet regulatory requirements
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, tools, and environments
- Prior record of accomplishment of prioritization, planning and driving execution of a Master Data Management and/or Mastering Product Data at the enterprise level.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk policies and programs
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.