First Transit is looking for motivated Entry Level Automotive Technicians to join our team!
In Burnsville, you will be servicing gas paratransit fleet buses for Metro Mobility. Keeping these Ford and GM vehicles safely on the road ensures the travel needs of all residents are met.
Benefits of joining the First Transit team:
- Competitive hourly pay based on qualifications, NOT Flat Rate
- Company provided ASE training and testing materials - YOUR professional development is our priority with our ASE incentive program!
- Start your career and grow within a global transportation leader!
- Consistent year-round work in a great work environment.
- Full set of mechanics tools not required to start
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401k
- Uniforms provided
Auto Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to fleet manufacturer recommendation.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Performing road calls and emergency repairs as necessary.
Auto Mechanic job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; technical training preferred
- Valid driver's license
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.