If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a critical member of the Research Solutions Strategy & Operations Team, the Entry-Level Coordinator will be integral to supporting department executives and critical department projects. The Coordinator will gain experience and expertise on strategy and operations, and will serve an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource and key point of contact. This person will work closely with members of Research Solutions Leadership. We are seeking an individual with an interest in business and project support to join this fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and is part of the Advisory Board, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group.
- Maintain calendars, schedule internal meetings and arrange appointments for department senior leadership (4 Executives/Senior Directors)
- Act as internal liaison for the Research Solutions department, serving as a representative of the leadership team
- Schedule and coordinate logistics to help ensure the successful execution of A+ internal meetings, lunches, and special events
- Coordinate executive and business leader travel and itineraries, and carefully track and submit expense reports as necessary
- Prepare for internal meeting and compile agendas and supporting documents as needed
- Handle confidential documents and other communications with absolute discretion
- Act as a liaison and information resource to colleagues across the Research Solutions department
- Support special projects and tasks as necessary and appropriate
- Coordinate with Research Solutions Cabinet and department leaders to ensure initiatives and projects are meeting their specific needs
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic level of proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Leadership experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in an office setting
- Related experience in a professional setting
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to take initiative on projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external constituencies
- Ability to provide objective upward feedback to managers
- Proven experience handling confidential information
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude, poise and judgment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Entry-Level Coordinator, Advisory Board Client Management, Washington , DC, District of Columbia