Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.
The Credentialing Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the full range of provider relations and service interactions within UnitedHealth Group, including working on end - to - end provider claim and call quality, ease of use of physician portal and future service enhancements, and training and development of external provider education programs. Credentialing Coordinators assist in the design and implementation programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the health plan, providers (physician, hospital, ancillary, etc.), and practice managers. Other responsibilities include supporting those who direct and implement strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network, identify gaps in network composition and services to assist the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs, and may also be involved in identifying and remediating operational short - falls and researching and remediating claims.
- Apply knowledge / skills to a range of moderately complex activities
- Demonstrate great depth of knowledge / skills in own function
- Sometimes act as a technical resource to others in own function
- Proactively identify solutions to non - standard requests
- Solve moderately complex problems on own
- Work with team to solve complex problems
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives
- May coordinate work of other team members
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others’ activities
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Previous experience in an office setting
- Proficiency within Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Excel (ability to filter and sort within spreadsheets)
- Previous experience working for Managed Care or Medical Insurance industry
- Salesforce experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group; UnitedHealth Care; senior credentialing representative; Concord, CA; health care, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, Salesforce