Positions in this function assist in creating / routing pharmacy orders through receipt, review and verification of members' prescriptions. Preps and scans documents, verifies member data, submits orders in computer system. May contact members to validate data, request payment information and establish priority of order. Interprets physicians' prescriptions and creates order, accesses, inputs, and retrieves prescription and reimbursement information from computer system, as permitted by state regulations. Incumbents typically are not licensed pharmacy technicians. May include licensed pharmacy technicians doing non-technician work.
Sends all Rx's generated from the previous day to physician’s office to get signature (Sends via fax, email and mail)
- Process all incoming signed RXs (scans them in patient’s record and marks them returned in CPR+)
- Calls physician’s office to verify the information we have in our system is up to date and makes any necessary changes
- Sends and tracks all DWO’s needing physician signature
- Tracks all RXs until we receive them back signed by physician (follows up every 3 days up until 2 weeks, if not received will contact sales and see if they can assist in getting signature)
- Covers for receptionist during breaks and absence
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous medical office experience
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.