At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leading bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $48.9 billion, more than 133,000 active customers and 1,100+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers and distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Healthcare, Energy/Marine, Solar, Vendor Finance Programs and Corporate/Private Aircraft.
This position will support Collections for Wells Fargo Equipment Finance-Manufacturer and Dealer Finance group. The individual will be responsible for maintaining a high quality commercial account portfolio via adherence to policies and procedures and the effective organization, management and communication with commercial customers dealing with topics of routine and complex collection scenarios, and the escalation and enforcement of various financial instruments including, leases, loans & commercial notes.
Wells Fargo Financial Leasing's Collection department is a team that is responsible for the collection and resolution of delinquent receivables. The Collections department is responsible for minimizing contractual delinquency, non-accrual and bad debt for Leasing. Analysts within this department communicate with customers and/or vendors primarily through verbal and written correspondence.
The team is categorized into the following market segments: Office Automation, Technology, Telecom, Alternative Markets, Golf & Turf, and Agricultural. Equipment Finance Portfolio Representatives (EFPRs) typically carry a portfolio of accounts each month to contact. The number of accounts in the portfolio varies based on the delinquency level assigned. Team members make about 60-70 calls a day on average.
Characteristics we are looking for include someone who is creative, a self-starter, organized, assertive, decision maker, goal-oriented, confident, excellent communication skills and good negotiation skills. Training for this position typically runs for one month and is a mix of both classroom and hands-on.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer contact, customer service, collections, loan workout, sales, or financial services; or an AA/AS degree or higher
- Collections experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Commercial collection experience
- High-volume outbound call experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.