At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leading bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $48.9 billion, more than 133,000 active customers and 1,100+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers and distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Healthcare, Energy/Marine, Solar, Vendor Finance Programs and Corporate/Private Aircraft.
Well Fargo Equipment Finance has an immediate opening for a Senior Specialty Market Manager responsible for orignating Food & Agribusiness (F&A) equipment loans and leases to WF Bank clients as well as to external prospects in the Southeastern US.
This role is responsible for the support and growth of a new vertical market for WFEF. The primary objective of this role is to generate Food & Agribusiness transactions through direct calling efforts as well as through our partnership with WF Bank. This individual must deeply understand and articulate WFEF’s core business value proposition and succeed through developing strong trusted adviser relationships with internal and external clients and prospects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, developing, structuring and closing lease and loan opportunities and managing relationships with the WF Bank F&A vertical industry team.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated background in full equipment finance sales cycle management including (but not limited to) business development and prospecting, managing existing and prospective client relationships, and structuring and executing transactions consistent with the product offerings and credit, residual and pricing expectations of WFEF.
- Engage with C-level decisions makers at client and prospect companies
- Engage with all functional departments in WFEF (Credit, Equipment Management, Operations, Legal, Pricing, Syndications, & Portfolio Management) to ensure appropriate responses for all proposals issued
- Travel as necessary to meet with clients, prospective clients (site visits) and to various trade shows
- Interface with other WFEF and Wells Fargo business units to expand overall WFB relationship with clients and refer opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with long-term industry leaders
- Pursue targeted opportunities rigorously and with a high degree of urgency, and ensure that all prospecting activity is maintained in internal CRM system
- Deeply understand prospects’ business and industry
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of relationship management experience
- 3+ years of Equipment Finance experience
- Basic knowledge of lending products
- Basic knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, and legal issues; associated with purchase money financings and credit issues, including program master loan documentation, customer loan and lease agreements, and inventory credit facilities
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate, and close credit transactions
- High degree of structuring experience with financial products including loans, FMV leases, and inventory lines
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding business goals and objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of commercial and/or specialty group lending/leasing and program structuring, servicing, products and credit practices, risk management, negotiating interest rates and price, terms and collateral requirements
- Repeated demonstrated success in equipment finance sales to large corporate or middle market companies, preferably in the Food & Agribusiness industry.
- Minimum of 10 years comparable sales experience with an emphasis on large corporate and middle market companies.
- Knowledgeable with a wide variety of hard and soft asset types, alternative forms of collateral support, and structural enhancements.
- Proven capability to quickly but thoroughly read, comprehend, and navigate financial statements and negotiate transaction documentation.
- Preferred candidate will have background knowledge of Food Industry, including equipment leasing/finance, customer relationships, and experience with multiple food industry related equipment asset types.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.