At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) is a leading bank-owned equipment leasing and finance company in the U.S. with a portfolio exceeding $48.9 billion, more than 133,000 active customers and 1,100+ team members with coverage in all 50 states and Canada. WFEF provides a full spectrum of financing and lease options for customers’ equipment and capital expenditure requirements through Wells Fargo business, commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers and distributors and direct to market. WFEF has Industry and Asset-type specialists devoted to Construction Equipment, Commercial and Specialty Vehicles, Healthcare, Energy/Marine, Solar, Vendor Finance Programs and Corporate/Private Aircraft
The Specialty Markets Relationship Manager II will be responsible for marketing Wells Fargo Equipment Finance’s (WFEF) full suite of financial products, including tax oriented leasing and term loan products to Tier I and Tier II suppliers to the Automotoive, Aerospace and Defense industries. Typical client profile will be entities with revenues exceeding $35 million annually, with a preference for companies exceeding $100 million annually. Marketing strategies will include direct calling activity, referrals from Wells Fargo entities, and industry networking. The applicant will be responsible for the full customer life cycle from prospect identification to relationship management.
The territory is the Southeastern United States.
The individual filling this position will be a key contributor to the success of WFEF in the equipment finance market and will be a part of the Automotive/Aerospace/Defense group’s team.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of relationship management experience
- Ability to qualify, structure, price, negotiate, and close credit transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- 7+ years of Equipment Finance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of lending products
- Basic knowledge and understanding of tax, accounting, and legal issues; associated with purchase money financings and credit issues, including program master loan documentation, customer loan and lease agreements, and inventory credit facilities
- High degree of structuring experience with financial products including loans, FMV leases, and inventory lines
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret financial statements
- Demonstrated history of meeting and exceeding business goals and objectives
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Automotive, Aerospace and/or Defense industries.
- Proven ability to generate new business volume through cold calling and referral activity.
- Strong financial statement analysis capabilities.
- Knowledge of leasing products and the ability to present multi solution propositions to clients.
- The selected candidate must be willing to travel overnight as often as necessary.
- Knowledge and experience related to manufacturing equipment and specs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships and interact with customers at the CEO and CFO level.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.