DescriptionThe Senior Risk Management Professional identifies and analyzes potential sources of loss to minimize risk. The Senior Risk Management Professional work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Risk Management Professional estimates the potential financial consequences of an occurring loss. Develops and implements controls and cost-effective approaches to minimize the organization's risks. Assesses and communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organization. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments. Will be responsible for leading and/or supporting a number of key initiatives including:
- Conduct enterprise risk assessments to assess potential risk impacts, risk management maturity, and related information for key business risks;
- Support the development and implementation of new and improved risk reporting tools to track key metrics, risk appetite thresholds, enterprise issues, and other relevant information on key business risks;
- Build out improvements to existing risk appetite reporting and scenario analysis activities;
- Continue to improve internal assessment and reporting processes associated with Humana’s Own Risk & Solvency Assessment.
- Prepare presentations relevant for consumption by Humana executive leadership, Board of Directors, and external entities such as Department of Insurance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- More than 5 years of experience in risk management, consulting, auditing, operations
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with operational leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence effectively at upper levels of leadership within an organization.
- Experience with identifying areas of improvement and driving accountability for improved risk management and awareness.
- Understanding of operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability in risk management.
- Experience managing program change and delivery including building Cross-functional stakeholder consensus.
- Broad understanding of our businesses and connectedness to key Humana constituent areas.
- Relationship focused and can represent the “office of the CRO” with internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of Humana’s internal operations, procedures and systems.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40