We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Use your operational analytical skills to design/develop, program, maintain and publish reports. Make solid recommendations based on the analysis and provide explanations for reporting results for both internal operations and our customers. You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Derive business requirements based on customer requests; Validate technical system specifications to meet business requirements
- Design and implement data schemas and ETL jobs that populate and maintain departmental reporting database and exchange data with external partners and regulators
- Present data in a variety of formats (charts, graphs, tables) for leadership and other stakeholders
- Work closely with BI Report Developers who will create end-user visualizations and end-user reports
- Perform fact-based analysis; explain technical issues in words that non-technical stakeholders will understand
- Champion privacy and security for all systems, data, and information
- Develop design and maintain internal documentation of work products
- Deliver timely and effective technical assistance and troubleshooting when issues arise
- Self-directed team player - able to initiate projects independently; prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines; assist and collaborate with other team members to continuously expand our capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Health Administration or equivalent work experience
- Ability to develop complex MS SQL Server queries for data extraction and reporting
- Ability to perform data conversions (ETL) from multiple data sources, develop necessary SQL for loading/updating and maintaining data tables
- Experience with complex data schemas; multi-million row tables; complex queries
- Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures
- Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Visio
- Have a passion to understand and be part of the business, not just mastering the technology
- Successful time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SQL, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota