We are looking for a developer to join the team supporting the Enterprise Data Technology Group. To be successful in this role, you will need an extensive background in ETL tools and relational databases, experience building complex data systems, and preferably experience with Financial Crimes Risk, Regulatory Risk, or Credit Risk platforms. You will be working closely with business and technology partners to build and support the platform.
This role will involve
- Working as a developer implementing technical solutions while working with technical leadership and business partners.
- Works closely with business team to participate in sprints, analyze requirements, performs complex data modelling, design code and develop technical solution.
- Performs complex ETL coding using Informatica, database programming using Teradata and batch scheduling tools using Autosys and UNIX shell scripting.
- Performs build, test and deploy. Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate data systems and other existing platforms such as SharePoint and websites.
- Develops new documentation and technical procedures.
- Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in design, development and resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan. Ability to proactively recommend system efficiencies, processes and designs.
- Ability to research and identify root cause of complex production issues; Support production processes
- Prepare detailed specifications and ETL design documentation.
- Market and communicate concepts and solutions
Will have production support responsibilities of the data processing applications. Collaborate with Enterprise Availability Office (EACO), Wholesale Service Level Management, System Admins, Middleware Support, DBAs, Developers and other stakeholders relevant to addressing production issues.
Note: Charlotte, NC is the preferred work location.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 4+ years of stored procedures development experience
- 3+ years of performance tuning experience
- 2 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 3+ years of application production support experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Hadoop experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of outsourcing vendors and in-house software development teams focused on data solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: System including business requirement design or review, release management support, test script development and execution, and system issue resolution
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking follow-through to completion
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 5+ years of Informatica experience
- 5+ years of Teradata experience
- Ability to work on call as assigned
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.