At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs. Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions. Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff. Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Participates in overall
systems testing. Leads the migration of applications to production. Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides. As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems. Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
Additional Duties/responsibilities: This position involves design and development of Data Warehouse tables, ETL jobs and processes to support the business requirements for Data Warehouse. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Partner with business to collect requirements
- Designs solutions in Data Warehouse to meet business requirements
- Transform requirements to data models and designs based on analysis of data
- Creates prototypes/ETL specifications based on requirements and analysis of data
- Design and develop ETL mappings and workflows/sessions
- Creates scripts for database and unit test them
- Ensures adherence to locally defined standards for all developed components
- Supports the development and design of the internal data integration framework
- Participates in DI design of new Data Warehouse projects
- Participates in design and development reviews
- Works with source system owners to resolve source data issues and refine transformation rules
- Support all on-call production duties
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience
- 4+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Big Data experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Data modeling experience
- UNIX experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Oracle
- Ability to manage complex technology projects
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirement gathering and analysis
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Banking finance experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one of the following statistical related fields: applied mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or engineering
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.