The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace everyday by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We’re out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you’re in, you’ll be challenged like never before. It’s time to join in making this history.
- Responsible for the analysis of customer requirements, improving performance on existing scripts /process/procedures, and documenting detailed user requirements and program functions
- Determine feasibility of a requested program change/functionality and determine the impact of modification to the software solution
- Monitor database performance, support application users, determine cost of database changes, and train team members on applications
- Coordinates the work with others to develop, test, install, and modify programs and establish physical database parameters
- Uses ERwin to design a data model for assigned projects
- Analyze source systems to determine required transformations
- Writes the design and mapping specifications for ETL development
- Perform address profiling using QualityStage and obtain address coordinates using tools such as Geolocator, ArcGIS. Use IBM InfoSphere Datastage to design ETL jobs
- Identify methods of improving performance in ETL design and development
- Analyze, identify, and recommend ways to improve the quality of data from the sources using IBM InfoSphere ProfileStage
- Read, understand and import COBOL copybooks into InfoSphere DataStage
- Experience in using XML stage
- Utilize knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) concepts and experience in designing BI reports
- Job also includes working with the Health Care Quality Assurance specialist in evaluating data quality and making recommendations to improve data quality
- Some evening and weekend work required
The complexity of this role can be challenging. We deal with huge amounts of data across our entire enterprise. Everything you work on will have implications that impact others. We’ll provide the most up-to-date technology, but you’ll need to provide creativity, critical thinking and clarity on an every day basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information technology (or related fields) from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Teradata (preferred) or any large relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 etc., in a Database Administrator or a similar role responsible for database design, configuration, storage and runtime performance maintenance and tuning
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as an ETL Developer using IBM DataStage (preferred) or similar tools such as Informatica or SAS Data Integration Studio. Experience with design, development and performance tuning of ETL jobs with complex mappings, sessions and workflows for large volume data warehouse or BI solutions
- An understanding of requirements gathering, development, technical design and documentation, development methodologies, testing, implementation and production operations
- 5+ years of programming experience using SQL, PL/SQL, shell scripts on windows server
- Experience with data quality analysis and resolution
- Must have the ability to reason logically and creatively, and use a variety of analytical and research techniques to solve complex problems; analyze situations and propose an effective course of action; analyze data; identify the need for and provide creative thinking related to complex problems, develop and evaluate alternatives
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of audience types using different mechanisms including informal updates, formal presentations, business case documents, and other analytical and technical documents
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DataStage, Teradata, ETL, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, Informatica, SAS, Requirements, Design, Mappings, Programming, Coding, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, Data Quality, Large Volume, Configure, Upgrade, Govtsolutions, Sacramento, CA, California