Scrubs & Beyond is looking for an Event Inventory Specialist in the Corporate office in St. Louis, Missouri!
"We are inspired every day by the dedicated professionals we serve. Your work is why we’re here and we offer sincere thanks." Karla Bakersmith | President & Founder
What began as a two-person staff in a small office has grown into the nation's largest multi-channel supplier of healthcare apparel and accessories. Scrubs & Beyond was truly "inspired by the caregiver." Great pride is taken in our company's purpose to provide the best apparel and accessories to our outstanding healthcare professionals. Scrubs & Beyond has some of the best benefits in the industry.
Eligible employees receive competitive pay, generous employee discounts, 401(k) with company match, comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation and personal time off.
Job Description Summary
The Event Inventory Specialist is responsible for receiving and processing all outside event related inventory. Responsibilities include all elements of freight processing including processing purchase orders, hanging and ticketing product as well as preparing pallets to be shipped.
Essential Job Duties
- Support the sales team to assist them in achieving sales and margin objectives.
- Receive and reconcile inbound merchandise in the receiving system.
- Assist the event team packing and unloading merchandise from trucks.
- Match packing slips to purchase orders to determine what merchandise, if any, is missing.
- Sort and place items on racks by the predetermined standards such as size, style number, color, and vendor type.
- Occasionally attend Outside Sales events for which merchandise is being prepped.
- Prepare and create labels for packages.
- Adhere to warehouse safety standards to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Open boxes using box cutters.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Move boxes of clothing from the receiving area to the ticketing area.
- Organize clothing racks and work area to create an efficient work space.
- Utilize the computer to receive merchandise and send emails.
- Communicate clearly with warehouse supervisor on the status of projects.
- Ship merchandise to stores, facilities, and end users as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness
To execute the job duties of an Event Inventory Specialist you must be able to perform each and every one of the above essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or G.E.D., some college is a plus.
- 1+ year(s) experience in apparel purchasing preferred
- Experience in processing sales and purchase orders is a must.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility to work alone and with others; working inside and outside
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Constant communication to exchange accurate information
- Must be able to work under stress
The physical demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.