ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Partners with residents to develop activities within the community as well as outside the gates of the community.
2. Collaborates with other pertinent departments to coordinate room usage for activities/events.
3. Performs preliminary work for monthly calendars (i.e. activities/events listings).
4. Facilitates and maintains communication regarding activities/events among residents as well as various staff.
5. Monitors bulletin boards, display cases, and Community Resources spaces.
6. Attends monthly department meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
7. Creates flyers for events, writes articles for community bulletins/newspapers, and provides clerical support, as necessary.
8. Makes resident referrals to appropriate departments, as necessary.
9. Assists with the creation, maintenance, and distribution of electronic and paper-based calendars as well as the activities and events listings and the “Community Resources Handbook.”
10. Arranges audio/visual equipment with vendor(s) appropriate to speaker and presentation needs.
11. Serves as information center for resident inquiries.
12. May train and coach resident volunteer production and AV teams to support the Community TV and audio visual needs for community activities.
13. May direct, produce, edit, and videotape community activities, meetings, and special projects as needed.
14. May oversee Community TV production scheduling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High energy and creativity.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to handle diverse jobs under continually changing conditions and frequent interruptions.
• Excellent listening and communication skills.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Publisher, PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
• Video editing and directing skills may be required.
• Good public speaking ability.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s or associate degree in a related field preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years’ service-related experience (i.e. volunteer and/or public service experience).
• Experience with the senior population preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: