For those who believe in the power of data to help write the next chapter in the history of health care, here's your opportunity. Advancement, an elite group of peers, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged at UnitedHealth Group to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Evidence of Insurability SR. Consultant will analyze the risk of granting life insurance benefits to those requesting increased or off-cycle benefits. They will examine evidence of insurability data as the source of the decision. The role also serves as the subject matter expect related to risk guidelines and policies/procedures including identification and recommendations for changes, and is the department technology liaison.
This position is office based in South Portland, Maine.
- Analyze individual risk evidence to assess insurability
- Serve as the departmental Subject Matter Expert related to Risk Guidelines, Process and Procedures, and other department reference material
- Represent Evidence of Insurability Department within the larger organization
- Partner with manager to create content for use within and outside the department
- Perform quality audits and handle appeals
- 6+ years experience in healthcare underwriting for life and/or disability
- 6+ years experience examining evidence of insurability
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office Excel
- 5+ years of risk based analysis experience
- Project management experience
- Team player who utilizes available resources and values input of entire team
- 2+ years experience developing and delivering presentations
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office Word and PowerPoint
- Must be organized, detailed oriented, and able to translate big picture ideas into departmental objectives and tactics
- Experience identifying and recommending process improvements
- BA/BS or higher level degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree (or equivalent experience)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Evidence of Insurability Consultant, Excess Life Insurance Review, Life Insurance Eligibility Consultant, S. Portland, South Portland, ME, Maine