At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position will perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the Head of International Operations. The Head of International Operations leads a team 1600+ performing functions related to operations processing, servicing, settlement and client onboarding for the Trade, Foreign Exchange, and Correspondent Banking businesses. The team is geographically dispersed throughout the world. This position will be based in Charlotte at our CIC location.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to compose complex and/or confidential correspondence and develop presentations
- Provide support and facilitate larger projects managed by others and manage some projects independently
- Establish and implement office procedures and controls
- Handle sensitive customer, vendor, and team member correspondence and issues, and all confidential company materials, with sensitivity and discretion
- Balance general ledger lines and/or expense accounts
- Researching general ledger issue
- Assist with budgetary planning
- Compile statistical data for financial planning
- Act as an information source on group and company policies
- Ensure leader is prepared for meetings and presentations several weeks out including daily update of full calendar and materials needed for following day
- Manage busy Executive calendar and coordinate executive’s interface with internal clients and team members; proactively anticipate prep needed for meetings
- Handle a high volume of phone calls and correspondence directed to the executive from customers, vendors, internal executives and others and/or selectively refer callers
- Coordinate and complete travel arrangements
- Review correspondence, reports, memos and presentations; responsible for proofreading, editing and quality control; some composition of correspondence also required
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other visual elements of communications plans and strategy memos
- Assist with meeting minutes from team meetings and ensure appropriate follow-up
- Work with leader to ensure staff management obligations are met (performance reviews, calendaring, process, input, budget preparation)
- Manage meetings and events to include in-person and remotely-managed meetings
- Participate with project teams to develop, coordinate and manage Team Video Conferences and Offsite meetings
- Confirm validity of General Ledger 31 monthly reports and assist executive in budget tracking
- Process IC Card expense reports and accounts payable invoices in a timely manner
- Serve as HR administration proxy to include Staff Management, Comp Express, Online Recruiting, annual Focal Review and PTO tracking
- Function as back-up to other administrative assistants in International Operations as needed
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of administrative support experience
- Solid decision making skills
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
- Administrative support exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo supporting senior level executives
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to manage changing travel itineraries, accurately manage expense reimbursement, manage a busy calendar and appointments flawlessly
- Ability to determine and report priorities/metrics to senior management
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives
- Strong organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.