At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,300 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspective from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, this group provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing function at the corporate level. They are responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams throughout corporate risk will be responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
We are looking for a motivated, resourceful and organized individual that can interface with executives, managers and team members while exercising tact and discretion in handling sensitive information. This position provides excellent exposure to a wide range of administrative and business activities for a motivated, creative, and aspiring individual.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive scheduling and calendar management as well as proactive coordination of meeting materials and travel arrangements
- Email triage assistance – screening emails for priority responses and managing calendar to ensure timeliness of taking needed actions
- Planning and coordinating team events such as staff meetings & video conferencing
- Gather agenda items, take notes, and distribute notes for staff meetings and other project meetings, as needed
- Prepare and review expense reports for policy compliance
- Updating organizational reference information such as maintaining office supplies and general site needs, and supporting projects as directed
- Partner and establish professional relationships with administrative teams across the organization on various projects requiring coordination efforts
- Provide support to visiting leaders such as conference room reservations, catering needs and administrative support for meetings
- Partner with other administrative support with floor management to include ordering office and supplies, signing for packages and mail distribution, and general maintenance of supply room
- Composing complex / confidential correspondence and senior management presentation materials
- Handle confidential company materials with the highest sensitivity and discretion
- Manage small projects on an as needed basis in support of leaders
The location for this position is Foster City, CA.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of administrative support experience
- 3+ years of experience scheduling meetings and managing calendars using an enterprise email application such as Microsoft Outlook
- Administrative support exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo supporting senior level executives
- Experience with Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business or Cisco collaboration technologies
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 6+ years of professional support experience, including demonstrated experience supporting executives
- Expertise in managing Outlook Calendars and coordinating ad-hoc and on-going meetings in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 3+ years of experience planning, organizing, and overseeing team, department, and special events such as All Hands meeting, Recognition meetings, Manager staff meetings, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with the following Wells Fargo internal or comparable applications such as :
- TimeTracker (timesheets)
- CONCUR and HRG (expense reports and travel reservations)
- Learning Center
- Technology Connections (Service requests)
- Access Request Center aka ART (IDs, Remote Access, DLists)
- PAMS (Property Access Management)
- ePar (Enterprise Physical Access Request)
- CPG (physical moves, cube reconfigurations, etc)
- eService (application to view invoices paid)
- ESO (UPS shipments)
- Has previously worked with Audio and Video Conferencing
- Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives
- Knowledge and understanding of business/executive travel planning
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.