At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Investment Portfolio (“IP”) comprises public and private investments for the Credit Investment Portfolio (“CIP”) and public investments for the Macro Investment Portfolio (“MIP”). With dual reporting to Wholesale (CIP) and Treasury (MIP), IP manages the portfolio of AFS and HTM investments.
The Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP), a division of Wholesale Banking, is responsible for the evaluation of credit-driven investment opportunities across a broad spectrum of corporate bonds, notes, loans, Municipal bonds, CLOs and other asset backed securities. With a view towards long term holds, CIP focuses on relative risk/reward by purchasing (and selling) at prices that enhance shareholder value and improve Wells Fargo’s risk adjusted return on capital. As an extension of Wholesale’s lending platform, CIP applies the same depth of credit due diligence that other Wholesale lending divisions have historically applied to loan products. Accordingly, each investment is underwritten from the bottom up with thorough credit, structural, and legal analysis then monitored continuously until final repayment of principal.
The Macro Investment Portfolio (MIP), a division of Corporate Finance, is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of fixed income investments to achieve liquidity, interest rate risk management, and capital management objectives on behalf of Corporate ALCO. MIP invests in high quality, highly liquid and readily marketable securities that are primarily U.S. Treasury and government agency securities. Other investment asset classes include corporate bonds, municipal bonds, asset-backed and commercial mortgage-backed securities. With a view towards longer term investing, MIP’s asset appetite is discretionary at the direction of ALCO to deploy a portion of the Company’s excess deposits in a safe and sound manner. MIP relies on the Credit Investment Portfolio (CIP) to analyze and monitor most credit sensitive individual investments.
Performs a variety of administrative duties in support of one or more business executives, spanning multiple portfolios. Duties include: handling phone calls and correspondence directed to the business manager(s) from senior executives, external suppliers, regulators, business partners and/or selectively referring callers; establishing and implementing office procedures and controls; handling time sensitive issues; using MS Office suite to compose complex and/or confidential correspondence, presentations and meeting materials; balancing general ledger lines and/or expense accounts; researching general ledger issues; assisting with budgetary planning; may direct the work of others. Provides support and facilitates larger projects managed by others and may manage less complex projects. May manage workflow of Jr. Administrative support staff as necessary. Acts as an information source on group and company policies.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of administrative support experience
- Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives
- Ability to correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to manage changing travel itineraries, accurately manage expense reimbursement, manage a busy calendar and appointments flawlessly
- Ability to research and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience supporting multiple managers with calendar management, travel arrangements, scheduling of meetings and events
- Administrative support experience in banking or financial services
- Prior experience managing workflow and Jr administrative support staff
- Highly professional verbal and written communication skills
- Constantly aspiring to represent Wells Fargo's Vision & Values
- Experience using Concur
- Prior administrative support experience in a large corporate capital markets/securities setting
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.