At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 10 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Insurance, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within the Wholesale Banking group of Wells Fargo supporting the Wholesale businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and execute and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively to manage risk across Wholesale. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Executive Assistant position will be a member of the Wholesale Control Strategy & Transformation (WCST) team reporting to the WCST Senior Leader within the Wholesale Control organization. The purpose of the WCST team is to drive efficient and effective strategic planning, development, implementation, and operational excellence in the performance of the Wholesale Control risk management processes and capabilities. The Executive Assistant will provide executive level administrative support to the Wholesale Control Strategy & Transformation Senior Leader and coordinate administrative support for the WCST team. This position will be based in Charlotte NC co-located with the WCST Senior Leader.
- Manage busy executive calendar and coordinate executive’s interface with internal stakeholders and team members; proactively anticipate preparation needed for meetings.
- Ensure leader is prepared for meetings and presentations in advance including daily update of full calendar and materials needed for following day.
- Manage meetings and events to include in-person and remotely-managed meetings, including preparation of agendas and meeting materials at the direction of the senior leader.
- Coordinate and manage Video Conferences and Offsite meetings, including assistance in meeting facilitation.
- Assist with meeting minutes and ensure appropriate follow-up action tracking and management.
- Work with leader to ensure staff management obligations are met (performance reviews, calendaring, process, input, budget preparation).
- Assist the senior leader in team action plan management, esp. in tracking and reporting of team member assignments at the direction of the senior leader.
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to compose correspondence and develop presentations
- Handle confidential correspondence, materials, records, and issues with sensitivity and discretion.
- Coordinate and complete travel arrangements.
- Process expense reports and invoices in a timely manner.
- Confirm validity of General Ledger monthly reports and research general ledger issue; Balance general ledger lines and/or expense accounts
- Serve as delegate for leader in various management tools, including Staff Management, CP&D, Online Recruiting, annual Focal Review and PTO tracking.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of administrative support experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional areas
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to manage changing travel itineraries, accurately manage expense reimbursement, manage a busy calendar and appointments flawlessly
- Ability to schedule travel and coordinate events
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Administrative support exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo supporting senior level executives
- International or wholesale banking exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Basic Microsoft Visio skills
- Experience in Wholesale Banking Group a plus
- Experience supporting senior level leaders, preferably within Wells Fargo
- Ability to make decisions, prioritize work, report priorities/metrics to senior management, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.