The Executive Assistant to the Chief Accounting Officer and Global Controller (CAO) is a high-level administrative position that works closely with the CAO to help execute the CAO’s responsibilities both globally and as the leader of the Administrative Headquarters office in Rochester, NY. The Executive Assistant manages the CAO’s daily time, correspondence and travel to ensure that the CAO is able to otherwise focus on key corporate priorities. This position also serves as the Office Manager for the Administrative Headquarters, which includes day-to-day management of the office administrative team (all administrative support employees in the office report directly to this position, including reception, which also provides centralized switchboard services for G&W’s three headquarters offices – Corporate HQ in Darien, CT, Operations HQ in Jacksonville, FL, and Administrative HQ in Rochester, NY) as well as the tasks necessary to keep the office functioning smoothly.
- Relieves the CAO of administrative functions in order to increase the effectiveness of the executive. Manages routine administrative functions with considerable discretion. May run discreet projects with minimal supervision.
- Manage deliverables to the CAO and his direct reports.
- Composes and types routine correspondence; prepares advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda (memos, email and faxes) and reports. May transcribe notes on computer / take minutes of meetings.
- Answers CAO’s phone when needed, exercising discretion in the screening, handling or direction of calls, as appropriate.
- Organizes and maintains CAO’s filing system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Exercises discretion in the active management of CAO’s schedule and schedules appointments.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations with direction; prepares CAO’s expense reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas and reserves facilities.
- Manages office administrative team, collaborates with others to ensure coverage of shared responsibilities.
- Manages office facilities, which includes but is not limited to liaison with landlord, buying supplies, organizing office, etc.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 8-10 years relevant experience required, inclusive of 5 years experience in support of senior executives in a large, corporate environment. Prior office management / direct supervisory experience a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used office concepts, practices and procedures and the operation of specialized office equipment including copiers, faxes and mail machines.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point/general computer literacy.
- Proven record of confidentiality and consistently exhibits excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience, with preference for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Notary public (current commission preferred; if not, must be willing to become a notary public)
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Rochester, New York, United States