Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
We are looking for a combination Executive Assistant / Associate Communications Specialist to support the Optum Communications team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This role includes diverse responsibilities and will touch every aspect of the team’s work to engage and inform Optum employees and stakeholders across the health care marketplace.
The Executive Assistant / Associate Communications Specialist primary duties include all core executive administrative assistant responsibilities for three Communications team leaders, and general support of the broader Communications team. In addition, our ideal candidate would have diverse skills enabling her / him to support content development, enhance and sustain process discipline across the team, and manage project tracking and reporting. This role requires a self-motivated individual who is proactive and energetic, highly organized, flexible and team-oriented. Proven PowerPoint design capabilities are also essential, as this person will be counted on to translate direction, information and data points into clean, impactful presentations and reports. Our ideal candidate also has previous experience collaboratively managing projects from concept to successful completion.
- Executive Assistant:
- Complex executive level calendar management
- Act as the point of contact and coordination between team leaders and internal clients / partners
- Coordinate domestic and international travel; prepare and process expense reports
- Develop and maintain distribution lists as needed
- Oversees department business supplies orders
- Business Segment Liaison (BSL) and onboarding of new hires
- Handle highly confidential information discretely
- Communications Specialist:
- Develop and maintain communications content and presentation materials
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Develop html posts and post articles on the employee intranet
- Schedule, coordinate, and create content for department meetings and events
- Lead and coordinate projects and select programs
- Develop, maintain and publish metrics-driven progress reports for leadership audiences
- Develop PowerPoint presentations in collaboration with team leaders
- Work effectively as an integral member of a team
- Maintain a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Suggest opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of writing experience, in marketing, communications or public relations
- 3+ years of editing experience
- Intermediate to advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word (create and edit documents), Outlook (manage email and calendar), PowerPoint (create and edit decks), and Excel (entering data, vlookups, pivot tables, formulas)
- Intermediate skill level arranging Web-Ex virtual meetings and teleconference
- Undergraduate Degree (or higher) in Business / Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 2+ years of previous experience in the healthcare or insurance industry
- Experience with Epsilson
- Event Management experience
- Project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Communication; Optum; Event, Planning; Manage; Logistics; Administrative, Executive