DescriptionThe Executive Assistant follows established procedures and guidelines to provide timely and effective secretarial support to an office, business unit, department, or other organization. Answers telephones, screens calls, and takes messages so callers/visitors are attended to promptly, courteously, and accurately. The Executive Assistant assumes ownership and leads advanced and highly specialized administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment.
The Executive Assistant transcribes, types, formats, and proofreads a variety of material (e.g., correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software. Coordinates internal and external meetings which may involve scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available. Manages the appointments and schedules of applicable staff. Uses office equipment such as photocopiers, faxes, and printers. Additional responsibilities may include distributing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail, filing, maintaining office supplies or other inventory. Decisions are regarding the daily priorities for an administrative work group and/or external vendors including coordinating work activities and monitoring progress towards schedules/goals, and often oversees work of others and/or is the primary administrative owner of a main process, program, product or technology. Works within broad guidelines with little oversight.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, think on your feet and remain calm under pressure
- Strong attention to detail: ability to manage many details related to coordinating calendars and schedules, follow-up requests, travel-related planning, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Professional image: ability to build strong working relationships with people, internally and externally
- Emotional intelligence: demonstrated ability to manage self around others and in difficult situations, remaining in control and professional at all times
- Organized: ability to balance multiple initiatives. multi-task, and prioritize workload
- Forward-thinking: ability to be pro-active and expect the unexpected
- Previous Administrative experience with C Suite or related experience
- Experience with online research a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours40