Vi is the parent organization of ten exclusive continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in some of the nation’s most desirable locales. The honors we’ve earned for excellence in our space—in blurring the lines between retirement and resort—are the result of an ongoing commitment to reinvestment, in our people and communities. To being the best provider in our category, not necessarily the largest.
Vi is a place where self-directed professionals apply entrepreneurial passion to corporate vision and strategy, across functions, building our premium brand into something irresistible. For those compelled by superior performance and driven to find the better way, working at Vi will bring new life to your career!
The professional selected for this dynamic role will provide administrative support to the President. You will manage the President’s schedule/calendar and travel, prepare meeting agendas and provide high-level and confidential support and preparation for board meetings and other management meetings. You will act as the President’s liaison to all levels of the organization, including customers, community and corporate employees, Executive Management team, and board members. You will create reports and documents as needed, including Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Visio charts, and PowerPoint presentations. Supports other executives as needed.Job Requirement
Qualified applicants are required to be self-motivated and possess five years executive administrative support experience in a corporate office environment with strong organizational, attention detail, verbal and written communication skills. College degree is required. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Additional requirements include:
• Must possess a high level of business acumen with ability to quickly attain comprehensive understanding of the business and its goals, values and needs of the organization and the President
• Ability to effectively interact with and influence contacts, customers and personnel in all levels of the organization
• Service oriented with ability to anticipate executive needs.
• Demonstrate a high level of comfort building relationships and interacting with directors, senior executives, communities, vendors, residents, and external resources of all types
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize a diversified workload, meeting established deadlines
• Good judgment, tact, and initiative to make independent decisions when necessary
Vi offers hours that support work/life balance, competitive compensation and exceptional benefits. Ours is a luxury work environment where opportunities for career development are delivered in ways few companies can match.
Bring life to your career