Shepherd's Center of St. Andrews, a non-profit learning program offering classes and activities for active seniors, seeks an Executive Director.
This person reports to the Board of Directors and has primary responsibility for overseeing the Center office and representing the Center to the public.
- supervise two part-time staff
- maintain records and files
- solicit and help train volunteers
- cultivate ways to enhance our visibility in the community
- develop corporate support through presentations and grants, and
- assist in fundraising events.
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree, computer literacy, effective writing and public speaking skills, experience in management and public relations, and a commitment to life-long learning.
Shepherd's Center information:
- vibrant financially sound collegial group of 285 members
- energetic volunteer Board of Directors, and
- housed at one of our sponsoring churches:
Ashland United Methodist
2600 Ashland Road
Columbia, SC 29210
- easy to reach from either I-26 or I-20.
For more information about our exciting program, go to our Facebook page or our website shepherdscenterofstandrews.org.
The position is part-time: 20 hours a week for 8 months a year. The Center is closed December, June, July, and August. Salary is $14,000. Position begins January 1, 2019.
To apply, send a letter of interest, plus resumé with contact information for three references, to Dr. Carol McGinnis Kay, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org, OR use the AARP job board account.
~ Applications must be received by November 12, 2018. ~