If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
We have made a promise to the seniors we serve that we will support more effective care with networks focused on quality outcomes, a patient-centered clinical model, and more members in high-quality rated plans – all delivered at the lowest medical costs and meeting and exceeding the expectations of CMS. The Executive Director is accountable for defining, leading and coordinating all local, regional, and national initiatives in Texas for improvement of CMS Star ratings, quality, documentation and coding accuracy, and medical cost.
If you are located in the state of Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Actively coordinate with all Medicare & Retirement national functions (Stars, Product, Sales, Marketing, Member Experience, Finance); UnitedHealthcare shared services functions (Network, Clinical, Quality, Operations); Optum (Local Care Delivery, HouseCalls, Complex Population Management, Quality Field Operations); other lines of business (C&S, ISNP, Group Retiree); and local / regional leadership to leverage local market knowledge and establish and drive local tactical plans for improving CMS Star ratings, quality, documentation and coding accuracy, NPS, and affordability in assigned markets
Partner with local health plan team, Network, Chief Medical Officer, and Optum to increase House Calls completion rates and reduce refusal rates
Drive local quality and medical cost improvement initiatives
Meet all assigned performance targets
Maintain strong relationships with all matrix partners through regular communications and face to face contacts
Exemplify and model Our United Culture and live our values with conviction
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in a large, complex and successful health care / managed care organization with demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and accountability
- Experience in a Medicare Advantage or other government-funded health care business
- In-depth experience with health care providers / networks, CMS Star ratings, HEDIS measures, and clinical quality
- Demonstrated strong financial / analytical skills
- Must reside in Texas
- Bachelor’s degree with major in business, marketing, economics, health or public policy
- Master’s degree
- Must reside in Texas, but Richardson, Austin, Houston is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including well-developed interpersonal skills used to influence the behavior of others across a highly-matrixed organization
- Demonstrated success building relationships with external executives and stakeholders
- Track record of meeting business goals via driving disciplined, fact-based decisions and executing with discipline and urgency
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.