DescriptionImagine putting your career into overdrive, interacting with C-suite executives who mentor and collaborate with you. Imagine learning about and influencing systems that affect population health at a national level. The Executive Physician Immersion Program at Humana is a ground breaking opportunity unlike any other. It’s a two-year program under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer. You’re immersed in market-based, core experiences where you can develop innovative solutions to problems you really care about.
Humana is seeking to bring physicians into the heart of our company through our industry-leading Executive Physician Immersion Program. Our goal is to provide an innovative, rigorous, premier program for the best minds in medicine who are looking to be part of the next generation of physician leaders healthcare executives working to improve population health. The program consists of several core principles that serve as your foundation for growth and development. They include:
- Direct mentorship from C-suite level executives with rotations on core business teams to provide a broad and deep understanding of:
- The current healthcare business landscape
- Humana’s vision for its new role in healthcare
- Population Health Management
- Healthcare operations and strategy
- Significant exposure to development opportunities focused on:
- Honing analytical skills
- Further developing leadership skills
- Improving business acumen
- Participation on projects ranging from:
- Development and innovation of Humana’s healthcare services
- Consumer insights and messaging
- Market dynamics, contracting, and growth
- Population health partnerships
- Accountable care organizations
- Meaningful use and integration of big data analytics and informatics
- Support for continued clinical practice, if desired
We are seeking candidates who are eager to contribute to multiple teams while gaining new skills and knowledge about the healthcare industry.
Physicians considered eligible for the program should meet the following criteria:
- Board-licensed or board eligible
- Active, unrestricted license]
- Practicing physician experience
- Secondary degree—MBA preferred but MPH and JD considered
- Demonstration of significant early career leadership
- Flexible work style with a desire for career development
- Willing to relocate to Humana headquarters in Louisville
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with a patient centered medical home model.
- Bilingual: English, Spanish and other languages are beneficial.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40