Department:OH1MH_13400_001 Cardiac Rehab Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
The Exercise Physiologist provides direct care and testing for clients and patients. This person designs, implements, and markets fitness programs; educates the public and health professionals regarding cardiovascular disease, performs exercise testing, assesses cardiovascular risk factors, evaluates for the appropriateness of the scheduled procedure, supervises treadmill/pharmacological stress testing with echo and nuclear imaging, interpretation of EKG, and records and inputs preliminary reports into the reporting database.
Job Description Details:
- Provides direct care to fitness clients and patients; services may include; cardiovascular stress testing, personal training, leading exercise classes, participating in wellness activities, muscular endurance testing, performing pre-placement screenings, strength, flexibility and body composition assessments.
- Assesses client needs and creates individual and group exercise programs.
- Responds to emergency situations and implements emergency medical procedures when appropriate
- Maintains, promotes, and demonstrates a positive attitude while serving as a role model to patients
- Maintains client records including, but not limited to, the results of cardiac, exercise, and fitness testing and client/patient treatment and progress
- Maintains PI calendar and quarterly reports
- Designs, implements, and monitors exercise and fitness programs for healthy and compromised populations and performs cardiovascular stress testing, and other testing necessary to determine physical condition and reports test results to physicians, clients and employers when indicated
- Develops and teaches educational programs and materials for clients
- Assistance with scheduling and confirmation of outpatient testing.
- Provides orientations to associates at the Live Your Whole Life Center
- Plans and implements health fairs and other activities to promote health in the community
- Educates the public, physicians and other health professionals concerning exercise principles for healthy and compromised populations
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master's Degree in exercise physiology preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
- Licensure / Certification: Certification in testing and exercise, ACSM Exercise Specialist preferred for Occupational Health - required within one year as of 11/16/11.
- Experience: 1-2 years recent relevant work experience
- Certification in CPR required, certification in ACLS preferred
- Manual strength and dexterity to operate equipment and patient related devices such as aerobic exercise and weight equipment
- Ability to lift and transport all necessary testing and treatment equipment and supplies
- Proficient in EKG interpretation and stress testing
- Ability to teach classes on risk factors, exercise, diet, stress management, stretching and relaxation
- Maintains current, valid certification in testing and exercise
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the clients and patients served
- Models heart healthy lifestyle.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.