Department:OH1HS_63503_000 Employer RelationshIP Program
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our Allied Health colleagues positively impact the lives of our patients in a wide variety of ways. But what they all share is a drive to succeed – for our patients and one another. Mount Carmel provides resources and learning opportunities to fully support your personal and professional development, which leads to greater patient outcomes.
Our Exercise Physiologist provides direct care and testing for clients and patients. The person in this position designs, implements and markets fitness programs; educates the public and health professionals regarding cardiovascular disease, performs exercise testing, assesses cardiovascular risk factors, evaluates for the appropriateness of the scheduled procedure, supervises treadmill/pharmacological stress testing with echo and nuclear imaging, interpretation of EKG, and records and inputs preliminary reports into the reporting database.
- Provides direct care to fitness clients and patients; services may include; cardiovascular stress testing, personal training, leading exercise classes, participating in wellness activities, muscular endurance testing, performing pre-placement screenings, strength, flexibility and body composition assessments.
- Assesses client needs and creates individual and group exercise programs.
- Responds to emergency situations and implements emergency medical procedures when appropriate.
- Maintains, promotes, and demonstrates a positive attitude while serving as a role model to
- Patients. Maintains client records including, but not limited to, the results of cardiac, exercise, and
- fitness testing and client/patient treatment and progress
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
- Licensure / Certification: Certification in testing and exercise, ACSM Exercise Specialist preferred for Occupational Health - required within one year as of 11/16/11.
- Experience: 1-2 years recent relevant work experience
- Certification in CPR required
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.